Monday, April 22, 2019

Monday, April 22nd, 2019




Happy Easter to you all!

It was an exciting week leading up to Easter Sunday! We loved talking to people on the streets and in their home about the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It's a powerful week to remind us to refocus our thoughts towards the resurrection of Jesus Christ. 

We were visiting a less active member in our ward and we met him in the parking lot of his apartment complex. While we were talking to him a lady came out to get her mail and saw us and yelled to us, "Are you men of God." We said "Yes." She replied, "Come on in and have a cup of tea!" While we kindly declined the tea, we did go in and we were able to teach her! We will be visiting her again this upcoming week!

On Sunday we showed up for dinner at the members home where we were eating, and right when we walked in, we were informed we would be participating in the Easter Egg Hunt. We happily accepted. The member told us there was one GOLDEN EGG. We started to the egg hunt, and the kids were scrambling around.  As my companion and I casually strolled around trying not to take too many eggs, the unthinkable happened. I somehow strolled into the GOLDEN EGG. I decided to let it be, and see if one of the kids would find it, but time passed and the GOLDEN EGG still remained in its humble location. I decided I would claim victory and reign triumphant as the master EGG hunter. The member said the prize was a golden investigator!

During dinner we were talking about things we have never done before, and I mentioned I've never tried a Pogo Stick.  To my surprise, they had one and let me try it. I'm not going to lie, I was not too shabby for my first go around with a pogo stick. 

On Easter, a less active, some members went with us to the Washington D.C Temple Visitor Center to watch a performance titled, "The Gospel Of Mark, With Music." It was an hour performance, and it was very well done. The less active man really enjoyed it. I love the Visitor Center! There are always exciting events going on there. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! 

Love you All! 

Elder Dallin Spurgeon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland