Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Monday, April 16th, 2019


Hello All, it has been an exciting week! I made sure to grab a lot of photos. 

We got to give 2 baptismal interviews this week. I gave an interview to the most fantastic YSA guy. It never stops astonishing me how essential the Holy Ghost is in conversion and the change that happens in people as they allow the Holy Ghost in their heart, and are humble to let him teach them. Baptismal interviews are one of the coolest things to do as a missionary!

We got to give one of the interviews at the Olney Chapel which does not sound very significant, but it is. I served in Olney exactly one year ago, and I was companions with Elder Newbold. So exactly a year later from when I left Olney, I entered into the only chapel for the first time since, with the exact same companion that I had when I left Olney. That was monumental! 

I thought I would include the picture I snapped of the Jehovah Witness' at the gas station. They might have something going with the stands. Don't be surprised if you see a handsome looking Elder in front of a Book of Mormon stand in the next couple of weeks. 

I have made a culinary creation that my companion has fallen in love with. Fried chicken. The batter is pancake mix. It is pretty good. He wants me to make it all the time, so when we do have time, I make it for him.

Me and Elder Newbold went on an adventure hike this week! We started off the exploration with traversing through an abandoned structure, that we actually couldn't go in because it said no trespassing, but it was still cool to walk past. We then snapped some pics of the wild Potomac River, which borders Maryland and Virginia. We then spotted a common long legged water fowel native to Mayland. It was a good find. 

We were asked by the ward to fill up the font for a member baptism this week. Me and my companion open the font doors to start filling it up, and it is just full of ants. We knew we had to get rid of them, but we didn't have much time. We came to a conclusion of what we must do. We decided to fill up the font with all of the ants in it. When the font was full, we then fished all of the ants out using a huge strainer we found in the church kitchen. I know... brilliant idea, and by the time the ward got there, not an ant was in sight. 

Love you all!
 Elder Dallin M. Spurgeon







No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland