Happy new 2019 everyone!
For some reason, my companion is really into Italy. He reads the Book of Mormon in Italian, he has an Italian name tag, he buys mostly just Italian foods, and he askes everyone we talk to if they know someone who speaks Italian. I don't know where he gets it from. He has never been. He has no relation to it. We found this Italian place in a mall that he really wanted to go to, so we did. We get there and we are waiting in line to order, and he goes, "You know what, I'm feeling Chick-fil-a today." I at least got something from the Italian place. It was pretty good. Speaking of Chick-fil-a, there are 3 members of our ward that work at the same Chick-fil-a in the mall and we always see them there.
I went on an exchange this week with one of the Elders in the district. He has been out for a couple of weeks. He is from California, and he was telling me about how he was in a band at home. I told him, "I was in a band once, you might of heard of us, BOUNTIFUL PANIC!". He is super cool, and just on the exchange, he grew so much. He loves tracting now, which is something he said he despised. That's Ether 12: 27 in action for you. The Lord will make our weaknesses into strengths IF we come unto him.
We had interviews with our mission President this week, which is always awesome. Our Interviews were going to be right after District Council. I was recently assigned to be the district leader, so I was leading the District council. It was only my 3rd one so I am still trying to figure stuff out. Well, to make it even more stressful, our mission president and his wife got to the church building early for interviews, so they decided to sit in on our district council. I was super nervous, but it ended up being one of the best district Councils ever, so I hear, so I was really happy about that.
Did 2 hour church feel like 30 minute church to anyone? That was so fast! Church as a missionary is like a holiday or something. Our mission President told us we could have an additional hour of studies on Sunday to study the Come, Follow Me booklet. I was really happy about that, because I was worried I was not going to be able to use or study the booklet until I got home, but that's not the case. I will be able to be on the same page of my family wherever they may be!
The Church is so True!
No comments:
Post a Comment