Monday, December 31, 2018

Monday, December 31st, 2018











Transfers were two weeks ago! I'm staying in the White Plains area, and my last companion is going to DC to be in the ASL program. My new companion is Elder Bullard. I've known him for the past year. We've known each other since the beginning of our missions. We have actually been on many exchanges together. I'm sure going to miss Elder Howes 😢😭

There is a man in our ward who was baptised over a year ago and he has a 10 year old daughter who decided she would like to be baptised as well! We have taught her most of the lesson and she is understanding them so well. She told us her favorite part of all the lessons is when God and Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith in a pillar of light. She says it makes her feel happy when we talk about that. We told her that those feelings are the spirit telling her it is true. She was like, Hey, I felt the spirit the first time I prayed with you guys. Dang. She is awesome! She loves reading her copy of The Book of Mormon with pictures in it. She even brought a friend to church last week. King Benjamin says it the best in Mosiah 3:19 about being like a child. 

19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

A couple of days before Christmas, our ward mission leader gave us a little Christmas tree and some ornaments to decorate it. We were able to set it up in our apartment and have a Christmas tree for Christmas! We didn't have a star, so we used a poinsettia flower! 

There is a family in our ward that invited us over to make gingerbread houses on Christmas Eve. It was super legit! It was like real gingerbread! We are going to smash it on New Year's Day!Lets just say, getting the candy cane street lamp to stand up took a couple of tries. 

There is another family in our ward that invited us over on Christmas Eve to have lunch, play games, and have a nerf gun war. The family has 13 kids, so it was pretty fun. They have 2 pet ferrits that we got to hold. The ferrits are actually pretty cute. The nerf gun war was pretty fun, exept for the fact that the youngest daughter was using a sling shot in the war, and it hit me in the finger, and I about died of pain. 

Christmas was awesome! My highlight was getting to talk with my Family. Man have they changed. Well, the ones under 16 years old changed, the other ones, not so much. It is always so great to talk with my Family. I only have one more time till I talk with them in real life face to face! 

I went on an exchange this week with one of the zone leaders. We actually went to the same highschool together for two years in Utah. We never knew each other, but we recognized each other when we met in the field. It was awesome to finally get to to know him. His name is Elder McKinley. We know a lot of the same people, we just never interacted before our mission. He is a pretty cool guy, I'm glad I got to know him. 

For some reason, this week I decided to collect up everything I owned that is Maryland themed, and put it all together to make a Maryland Shrine. Picture included. I doubt it will stay like that for too long, but it was fun to make it. 

The new year is Tomorrow! I hope we are all going to the Lord and asking, "What lack I yet", so we can all recieve some revelation on what we need to improve in our lives for the next year! 2019, here I come! 

Love you all!  

Elder Dallin Spurgeon 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland