Monday, December 10, 2018

Monday, December 10th, 2018

Hello all! 

We had Zone conference this week! The central focus was on being accountable. It was a great meeting. Everyone in the mission took a 5-second video of themselves saying a gift from Christ that was more notable to them while reading the Book of Mormon that year, and we will watch all the videos at the Christmas devotional! I said the sacrament. We also talked about how our mission can be more on fire, or more fruitful. I made the analogy that each person in the mission is a stick and being focused is like being dry, so we burn well, and the more focus we have in our mission the better we will burn. I told everyone to be dry logs, not wet twigs, so we can as a mission be on fire!

It snowed this week! There was about 2 inches of snow, which is pretty good for Maryland. People were freaking out and driving 20 miles an hour with there blinkers on. It is pretty much all melted now, but I was able to throw a dozen or so snowballs.  

I went on an exchange with my district leader this week. My district leader entered into the field with me. It was a sweet exchange! We were able to put 2 people on date for January! 

There is a lady living in a rehab center in our area that is a member and she made me and my companion hats this week! My hat is pretty sweet! It is the colors of the Maryland flag. Black, yellow, red, and white. I have kind of fallen in love with the Maryland flag on my mission. The D.C flag is kind of boring. It kind of looks like a birthday cake. Look it up and you will know what I mean. I am not sure the meaning of the Maryland flag, so if someone would kindly email me the story behind the flag, that would be much appreciated. 

Love y'all!


Elder Dallin Spurgeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland