Its
been an exciting week with the new Mission President and his family! They are
amazing people.
We
had Zone Conference this week where President Neilson introduced his family to
us. When Sister Neilson was talking to us about how good examples we are as
missionaries she mentioned how she saw two Elders at Walmart and how they didn't
see her, and how great they were acting, and she pointed right to us and said
it was those Elders. It was kind of surprising, and it made me want to never do
anything dumb again because people are always watching. I'm grateful she didn't
see our shopping cart race or us juggling the produce. Just kidding, that
didn't happen.
We
had MLC this week with the new Mission President and it was really fun because
we had a quick Q and A session where we could ask him any question. For those
that don't know, he was the head of the Church History Department. We asked him
about what he contributed to the Book "Saints", and he told us how he
had to approve every word in the Book before it was published. He calls the
Book his Baby.
Happy
late 4th of July! Our 4th of July was alright. The best part was the ward
Breakfast with the Brass band performance. Very well done. It rained all day so
all the fireworks were delayed, which was a bummer, but not really because they
would have all happened after our curfew anyways.
We
had our 1st Interview with President Neilson this week. I'm super excited to
work with him for my next 3 months. I'm really excited to see what kind of
church history insight I can get.
I
got to go on an exchange with Elder McKinley this week. (An Elder that went to
the same high school as me) It was a super hot day, and super humid. The
highlight of the day was getting let in by a guy that was a professional
chiropractor. He gave us water but he was not interested. He saw Elder
McKinley pop his neck, and he was like, "Can I give you an
adjustment?" And I was like, "He would love on." It was pretty fun to watch
him get twisted and turned in funny ways. There were a lot of pops!
Love
you all!
Oh
yea, I forgot to explain the last picture. After playing soccer at the church,
it just so happened that it was a complete waterfall outside. It was raining so
hard, so I decided to cool off by standing under the church gutters. It was
nice!



No comments:
Post a Comment