Monday, July 8, 2019

Monday, July 1st, 2019



 Hello Everyone!

Let's start off with the most important news of the week, we have a new Mission President. His name is President Neilson and he was the head of the Church History Department, so his name is in the front of the Book that the church recently came out with titled "Saints". I will have to have him sign a copy. He has 5 kids all under the age of 15, so it will be interesting having his kids be a part of the mission. We are super excited to work with him and learn some church history from him. It is sad to see President and Sister Johnson leave. I love them so much and they are just the salt of the earth kind of people.

Something happened twice this week that does not happen very often, but it has happened a few times to me on my mission. I saw someone from home! The first person I saw was one of my college professors. She is the daughter of a couple in my ward. We were in the neighborhood and we stopped by to say hello to the family, and when we came in I recognized the lady at the table, I was like, "Hey, I was in your class". It was awesome because she remembered me! She taught Foundations of the Restoration, which was an amazing class, and turns out she was one of the main writers of the Book Saints, so her name is in the front of Saints as well. Look at that. At this pace, I will meet everyone that made Saints possible. 

I also saw the Chamberlain Family at church yesterday! It was such a surprise. I was sitting near the front, and when Sacrament meeting was over, I looked in the back and there they were. I was speechless for a few seconds. I felt bad for my companion because, without much explanation, I ran off to go say hello. It was great to see them! 

We had a departing Zone Conference for President and Sister Johnson before they went home, and it was probably my favorite Zone Conference of my whole mission. Not because they were leaving, but because of the Spirit I felt and the reflection I had on how the Johnsons have helped me grow my testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Of course they asked me to say the closing prayer and of course I could not hold it together, and of course I took a picture with them, and of course, we are going to hang out after the mission! 

I made a very smart financial decision this week and bought a Copper Chef frying pan. I highly encourage all looking for a new frying pan to consider Copper Chef. It has changed my time in the kitchen! 

Anyways, that's my update!

Love you all!

Elder Dallin Spurgeon 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland