Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Monday, July 22nd, 2019










Hello all!

Now for the highlight of ya'lls week, my foot! It's doing a lot better! The pain has pretty much diminished. I've graduated from a walker to a limp, then to a hobble, and now I'm pretty much walking like a human again. The first few days were hard. I couldn't really put pressure on it. Luckily, the french elders in our zone had a walker in their apartment for whatever reason, and they let us borrow it for a few days. Pictures included. Also, at Walmart, I was allowed to use one of those ride-on carts. It was an incredible opportunity, I got even more strange looks than I usually get. But all is well now, and I should get my stitches removed next week! 

We had "Why I Believe" this week! Our new mission president and his wife spoke. President and Sister Neilson! It was great. Two recent converts from our ward said the opening and closing prayer. All was well until halfway through the meeting, we heard a big crack of thunder,  the power went out, the lights, microphone, AC. It was a warm, dark, and quiet meeting, but the spirit was strong, and I love the Neilsons! 

Fun little story: We got on an Elevator with 3 ladies. A grandmother, mother, and daughter. They were from the middle east, and the grandmother didn't know English. The grandmother has 5 grapes in her had, so she offered one to her daughter, and she shrugged it off, then she offered one to her granddaughter, and she shrugged it off as well, then she offered one to us, and we politely declined. We thought it was pretty funny. 

Tonight is Callouts. I will see if I stay In the Germantown area or leave, or if I get a new companion. Always a stressful time.

Love you all!

Elder Dallin Spurgeon 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland