Monday, January 28, 2019

Monday, January 28th 2019







Hello All! 

Let's start off by talking about a lady we found this week! Her name is Florence. We were tracting and we saw a lady on the other side of the street, so we decided to go and talk to her before she saw us and ran away. She introduced herself to us very kindly and said that she had only been on a walk for a couple of minutes and right before she left, she said a vocal prayer to Heavenly Father asking for more guidance in her life. We testified to her that the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ was the guidance she needs and that God put us in each other's paths. Awesome experience and we have been teaching her consistently, and she will hopefully be baptized in February! 

We went to the Craker Barrel this week, which is like a home cooked style restaurant that is 40's themed. Pretty sweet place. I have yet to find out what Cracker barrel actually means. While walking out I saw this Pasco Magic stuff, so I took a picture. I think it is a type of cleaner for something. Not too sure. 

I told you last week that we made Tie-Dye shirts for District Council. This week, we all brought our Tie-Dye shirts, and put them on and took a picture in them in front of the chalkboard saying, "I love Elder Spurgeon". We were pretty sure it was the zone leaders that wrote that. They dropped off supplies before we got there. 

I went on an Exchange this week with an Elder in the District, and we meet a guy named Paul. Paul is very unique. He was in some sort of accident that left him with a brain injury, that causes him to see Hippopotamus' and 1000 legged Spiders the size of a school bus' every once and awhile. We asked him what he does when he sees these Hippos, and he said, "What would you do if you saw a hippopotamus, I run!" He also claims to be a professional drummer, winning many awards. We asked him where he plays. He told us he played in prison and in a mental institution. We love him. 

We went to the historic house of Dr. Mudd this week. After John Wills Booth assassinated President Abraham Lincoln, he jumped off the balcony and broke his leg, he went to Dr. Mudd's home, and Dr. Mudd helped him out or something. Not sure of all the historical details, but it was a pretty cool place to visit. 

It was a good week, and I find out next week if I stay or go to a new area or get a new companion! Should be an exciting time.

Love you all! 

Elder Dallin McKay Spurgeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland