Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday, November 26th, 2018



Hello all!

There is a sister in the ward who has been bringing her friend to church for the past year. Her friend has always avoided or ignored the missionaries in that year, but after me and my companion spoke in sacrament meeting a couple weeks ago, she came up to us and asked if she could host us for dinner, and of course, we said yes. We had dinner at the member's house. We think she is warming up to the missionaries and hopefully, we can start teaching her on a regular basis.

We got a call this week from some Elders in Ohio telling us that a member from their ward is down in our area for a month working and that she would like a blessing. We found a 3rd male and as fast as we could we went over and give her a blessing. It has happened so many times on my mission, where we get a phone call and someone would like a blessing immediately.

Our ward had a Turkey Bowl this year, and as always, it's one of the best parts of Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, there were no casualties this year.  There were quite a few people there. It was like 13 on 13. There was a Quarterback and then 25 people trying to catch the ball, so it was a slow game, but still very fun! 

Thanksgiving dinner this year was great. The family we had dinner with fried their Turkey. We also had oyster stuffing, which is apparently an east coast thing, and we had my personal favorite, sweet potato casserole. That stuff is good! 

Last year for Thanksgiving, I went over to the Fortiz family for some pie. Well the Fortiz family moved to the area I am serving in right now, so I went over again this year too! It is basically a tradition now to go over to the Fotiz on Thanksgiving.

We had dinner this week with an interesting family in our ward. The father is big into prepping for things like an economic crisis, a nuclear attack, a zombie apocalypse, and a whole bunch of other things. We were over and I said something about being prepared, and the father told us about things that can go wrong and how he is prepared. I thought what he was saying was kind of cool, but I could tell his wife and kids had heard it all before. They are a cool family.

Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Talk to ya soon!


Elder Dallin Spurgeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland