Monday, October 1, 2018

Monday, October 1st 2018



Hello All Creatures of our God and King!

We went to D.C this week with a recent convert named Ian! He has lived here his whole life so he knew his way around. It is always so fun going to the city because we add to the diversity. Members will always come up to you and say hi, which is super fun. It was a little rainy and about 65 degrees out when we went, which is a contrast to what it has been, but it was nice because there was nobody there. The line to see the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, and all the other National Archives was only about 10 minutes long. We went to the Holocaust Museum which was super intense. The American History Museum had a lot of stuff about church history. It was funny to stand next to it while people walked by. They looked at us, then at the exhibit, then back at us, then back at the exhibit, and we were like, yeah, it's us, any questions?  

This week was also the Calvert county fair. We went one day. I love the fair so much. The food, the rides, the animals, the shows, the produce contest. It's everything you could ask for cram packed into one location! I usually never make any purchases at the fair, but I walked past a stand and something caught my eye. So, I purchased what would be my very first ever spray paint shirt. Picking out the design was a challenge, but my final decision was the classic dolphin love picture. My Companion was not very supportive of the picture I chose, he thought it was a picture meant to go on girl shirts. He wanted me to get a monster truck or something like that. 

TIME FOR THE MOST MINDBLOWING STORY!

Last October I entered into the MTC. A couple weeks into the MTC I found a little green magnet on the ground, and I thought how fun would it be to hide this magnet somewhere around the MTC and when my friends or family are in the MTC I can tell them where it is and then they can find it. I ended up hiding it on the underneath part of a fire hydrant. I was telling this to some members and my companion sitting next to me was like, WAIT!!!, The fire hydrant outside of Building T3, and I was like yes! HE FOUND THE MAGNET!!!!! 11 Months after I hid the magnet, he found it! He told me he was just walking and for some reason decided to stick his hand under the fire hydrant and he found it!! He put it back and thought nothing of it. Me and him, and the members were all freaking out. It was the craziest thing! Anybody about to enter the MTC, feel free to visit my magnet, but please keep it where it is. 

Love you all!
Elder Dallin McKay Spurgeon





No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland