Monday, September 3, 2018

Monday, September 3rd 2018





Hello and happy Labor day family and friends. This week we had specialized training, which is for the companionships that have an Elder that had been out for a week. It was up in northern Maryland, so it was a bit of a drive. The trainings there were amazing. We talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon, and it caused me to go back and watch some conference talks about the Book of Mormon, including President Monson's talk in April 2017 titled, "The Power of the Book of Mormon", and President Nelsons talk in October 2017 titled "The Book of Mormon: What Would Your Life  Be Like Without it?" Both are wonderful talks that have strengthened my understanding of why a testimony of the Book of Mormon is so key in a Gospel Conversion. 

We also had our interviews with our Mission President and his wife this week. My Mission President asked me in my Interview who my favorite Book of Mormon character is. I told him Amuleck because he was a bold and powerful missionary. The Mission President told me that he was asked to ask all of the Missionaries that question, and he was told to tell all the missionaries that Jesus Christ should be our favorite Book of Mormon character. That blew my mind. 

How did I not say Jesus? 

I think sometimes we take The Book of Mormon for granted and not look at it for what it really is, Another Testament of Jesus Christ. It has it right on the front cover. Thank you President, Jesus is definitely my favorite Book of Mormon character. 

This Labor day, we had a Labor Day picnic at a ward members house. There were a ton of people that showed up to the party, and plenty of food. There were two pigs that had been roasted over the fire for many hours, and 40 chickens. There was live music, a pie making contest, and a pie eating contest. I sadly was not able to participate in the pie eating contest. Many of our investigators showed up too. The youth in our ward made me kiss the decapitated roasted pig head. I guess I had my agency, but I decide to give them a show. I even tried the tongue meat. The texture was undesirable, but the taste was good. I will include some pics of the pig! 

Love you all.

Elder Dallin McKay Spurgeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland