Hello family and friends. This last week was transfers and I found out I am staying here in southern Maryland. At the last district meeting one of the Elders had a Polaroid, so I took a picture with it and I look like I'm a missionary from the 80`s, which is awesome.
This week we were able to do some service on a farm that was having a kids day. We set up huge tents and bailed lots of hay. I can now say that I have bailed hay.
Everyone tells me here that I have to look for ticks, which is something I have never really had to worry about before. The other day I looked at my leg and saw a tick latched on to my leg. I was freaking out because of the diseases ticks can give you. So, I got a lighter and burned it out. I check my body for ticks all the time now.
Down here in southern Maryland, I have experienced the hardest rain storms I have ever seen. It comes down hard, and you have to park on the side of the road until it clears a bit so you can see.
I was able to watch the youth fireside devotional this week by President Nelson and his wife, and it was terrific. President Nelson talked a lot about personal revelation like he did in conference, and that stuck out to me. He talked a lot about the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet, which I am defiantly going to go over it again and encourage people of all ages to do the same.
The mission is going great, and the work continues.
Elder Dallin Spurgeon
No comments:
Post a Comment