Monday, April 9, 2018

Monday, April 2nd 2018




I loved This Wonderful Easter Season, especially General conference and hearing all the wonderful testimonies of Jesus Christ from all of his Apostles and a prophet of God. I have so much love for President Nelson and all the Apostles. I know President Nelson is a Prophet of God, and he speaks with God on behalf of the Lord's kingdom upon the Earth today which I know is The Church of Jesus Christs Of Latter Day Saints. 

I know the priesthood, the power of God, the very power that was used to create this earth is on the earth today and it is within the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and it is for the benefit of God's children. I know we can talk to God, and he will speak to us and we can receive personal revelation from him, as we faithfully seek it through prayer with real intent. That is something that really stuck out to me this conference. President Nelson talked about how in order to receive revelation we need to listen and be ready to receive it. We can do this by writing down what God tells us and follow through on it. I know that President Nelson is the only one that can receive revelation for the entire world, and I know the revelation  given this last conference was from God. I loved the Apostles witnesses of the revelation the prophet received. 

I am incredibly grateful for the priesthood. It has blessed my life so so so much. I'm grateful to be a holder of the priesthood so I can bless the lives of those around me. For all priesthood holders, it is a sacred trust to hold the priesthood. I invite all the priesthood holders reading this to go and read section 84 of the Doctrine and Covenants and learn more about the Oath and Covenant of the priesthood. The authority of the priesthood comes from the laying on the hands, but the power of the priesthood comes from living the commandments of God, and magnifying our callings. What does it mean to magnify our callings? I invite you to find out for yourself how you can all magnify your callings in the church. All members of the Church have callings, as we can see in Mosiah 18.

Mosiah 18: 8-9

8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;

9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life. 

When we are baptised we recieve a calling to do those things stated in verse 9. 

I would like to close with my testimony of the Savior. He lives. He lived to die, and he died to live so we can. He is the only way. He broke the band's of death and satisfied the demands of justice. What does the father ask, live like his son. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 

P.S. Shout out to the Henry's and the Heartlings, who I saw at the visitor center while watching the Saturday morning session of conference. That was a fun surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland