Monday, February 26, 2018

Monday, February 26th 2018

Hello Everyone, 
We were driving down the 495, or the Beltway, at 7 at night and I saw the D.C Temple all lit up. It was one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen. 
I was going to go to The Mall today, (The mall is what they call the place with all the monuments and museums), but there was an emergency transfer and we are getting a new companion. It should be fun. He was an ASL missionary so I might brush up on my sign language. The weather has been pretty nice, but people tell me it usually gets worse in the middle of March. We had a couple of days this week it was 75 degrees. 
There is a man we have been working with, the one that had a smoking problem, and he is progressing very well. When we taught him the Word of Wisdom, he called us later that night and told us what he had for dinner and asked us if it was against the Word of Wisdom. He is awesome. He is actually moving to a different area, but I know the missionaries in the area, and they will do a fantastic job.
There is a family we have been working with, a mom, three kids, and a grandma. Two of the kids are 8 and the other one is three. They have been progressing very well lately. They had a chapel tour, came to church, and went to a baptism of someone in the ward. They are all excited to be baptized, especially the two kids. They recently moved to a new apartment in our same area, and they asked me if I would dedicate their home. It was an awesome experience. They invited one of their friends over one night when we were teaching them, and we are also working with him now. 

Love you all, and if anyone reading this is thinking about serving a mission, DO IT! 

Elder Dallin Spurgeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland