Monday, January 8, 2018

Monday, January 8th 2018

Hello Everyone. First off I would like to say how greatful I am for the life that Thomas s
s. Monson lived, and his example of love, service, and dedication to the Lord. I will always remember him as a great man. I know he was called by God, and he has literally changed my life. 
This week has been so cold. We also had interviews with the Mission President this week. We had a combined interview as companions with him. The one take away I would take from interviews are that the ward council and the ward are so important in missionary work. It is a promise we make in our covenants that we will help to build the kingdom of God. It is honestly the most effective work, having members find people for the missionaries to teach. 

At church this week, my companion went up to bear his testimony, but I thought he was going to the bathroom, so I followed him, and once he turned the corner to go to the stand, I was like oh, well there’s
no stopping now. It is always nice to have the opportunity to bear a brief, simple testimony of the savior. 

I would now like to bear my testimony about the Savior. He is aware of us, He knows us perfectly, He is perfect, He loves us perfectly, even in our short comings. He is the head of this church, and He is coming again. I would like to share the lyrics of a song that I have been thinking about lately. 

How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness? He sent his Son, a newborn babe, with peace and holiness. How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go? He sent his Son to walk with men on earth, that we may know. How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice, of death? He sent his Son to die for us and rise with living breath. What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say? Have faith, have hope, live like his Son, help others on their way. What does he ask? Live like his Son.

Let us all try to live more like the savior. Love you.

Elder Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland