Monday, January 1, 2018

Monday, January 1st 2018

Happy New Year! 
This week we ran into a man who wanted to bash, and that's never fun, but I was able to testify of the restoration, and I felt the spirit testifying to me that what I was saying was true. It was a great experience. 

There was a girl in our ward who was baptized this week, and we invited some of our investigators to go with us. No one showed up, but I am still glad I went. It was very nice to see a baptism, and it was a great reminder of my purpose and grew my desire to find people. 

With the addition of Facebook, it has expanded our opportunities to spread the gospel. Something we have been doing is having video chat lessons. The lessons would not have been able to happen if it weren't for video chatting. It is a little different, but the spirit is still.

There is a man who moved into our area a while ago who was baptized years ago but went inactive. He wanted to come back to church, so he went on mormon.org, and chatted with some sisters at the visitor center. They gave us his information and told us he will need a ride. We got in contact with him and got him a ride and he came to church. We introduced him to the ward, and he has met a lot of people and enjoyed church and wants to regularly come. I loved that experience so, so much. 

With the new year, comes new goals. I encourage you all to make goals.  
President Monson said, "Without goals, there can be no real success". I think a wonderful goal to make would be to Pray and read The Book of Mormon every day. It may seem simple and insignificant, but you will see a dramatic and exponential change in your life. 

Elder Spurgeon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland