Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Tuesday, October 31st 2017

We spoke to Dallin from the airport as he was waiting for his flight. A very kind person offered him the use of their cell phone. I am so thankful to them. Brent was still home and we both got to talk to him. It was incredible. He was so excited and anxious to be in Washington DC. We got the following e-mail from him to reassure us he had arrived safely.


Hello, Our flight was delayed for a half an hour because of some malfunction to the central fuel tank, but we got here and all is well. I was planning on talking to the person next to me about the gospel, but turns out he was an old Mission President in Brazil. We went to meet our Mission President and his wife and the assistants to the President and the sister training leaders. We took our luggage to the trailer then went proseliting on the Metro. It was hard, but I could feel the love that our Savior had for all the people. We then drove to the DC Temple and took pictures. I did not see Sister Haertling, YET! I talked about her with the sisters in the Visitors Center. The Temple is amazing. Then we went to the mission home and ate dinner. We had a testimony meeting and our interviews. The mission song is so catchy. I am going to sleep well tonight. I saw the Washington Monument today, but was not close enough to get a picture with it. I will get one though Emma.
I love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland