Monday, September 30, 2019

Monday, September 30th, 2019


Hello All,

We had zone conference this week! Zone conference is awesome, but this zone conference was especially awesome, even though it was my last one. Our Mission President is the head Church Historian, so he pretty much knows everything there is to know about church history. The topic of this conference was the coming forth of The Book of Mormon. It was amazing learning from him, but it was more amazing to hear what he has done. He has touched the seer stone that Joseph Smith used to translate The Book of Mormon! That is probably the coolest thing I've ever heard! Remember when the church purchased the printer's manuscripts of The Book of Mormon from the RLDS church for 35 million dollars? He is the one that went inside their Temple and carried it out! He calls it his "James Bond Moment." Now that is also probably one of the coolest things I've ever heard!

At the End of Zone conference I got to give my departing testimony. The missionaries who are in their last transfer give their testimonies at the zone conference. It has always been my favorite part of zone conference until it was my own turn. It was super weird to be the one up there, but it was a great reflection of my time serving the Lord out here in the Washington D.C Maryland Area. 

We had a zone conference part 2 this week where we were able to learn from a doctor of psychology, where we talked about mental health. They asked us to come in our non-missionary clothes. It was very cool to learn about Depression and Anxiety, and how to recognize it in ourself and others. 

We meet a girl named Sharda this week, who we starting teaching. How we met her is actually pretty funny. We were just walking and we heard someone yell, "Are you mormons?" We saw a lady on her porch far away, so we went up to talk with her. We didn't see her as we walked past, so we are glad she yelled to us! 

We went to the Farmers Market again this week, because there is always a lot of people there. Most of them a drunk, but they are friendly. We went to the Amish stand and I got some Granola! It is very good in yogurt. 

I'm so excited for General Conference this week! I'm not sure if we are going to watch it at the church or with a member, but either way, it will be great! I have been changed by the Prophets words. I have become a more pure disciple of Christ. I encourage y'all to watch as many sessions as you can! 

Love y'all!

Elder Dallin Spurgeon 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland