Monday, May 13, 2019

Monday, May 13th, 2019




Hello All,

One of the highlights this week was going to a Middle Eastern Buffet with a Filipino man who was in one of Elder Newbold past wards. It was really, really good! As always, I enjoyed the Naan and the Butter Chicken, and the goat was not half bad. I thought it was fitting, knowing that it is Ramadan! Of course, we were breaking the fast early, but I thought it was still fitting. 

Last week I told you about the mini-mission we did with the Spanish ward.  I was able to get the picture of all the missionaries and the youth that participated. If you are wondering which one is me, look at the tallest person, then I am the first one to the left! 

We went on an Exchange this week with the Spanish Elders. I went with an Elder from California. He was telling we stories about how he went spearfishing at home, and how he got charged by a harbor seal. So jealous! It's now on my bucket list. Spearfishing, not getting chased by a seal. 

Happy Mothers Day all! I got to talk to my Family! It was so fun. They are all living life, and it is crazy to think life was not put on pause when I left. 

Whenever Elder Newbold and I are in an area tracting, we always try to check on the members in that area. It's mostly just the names on the map we don't recognize, to see if they are less active, This often means they might have nonmembers living with them! I'll be honest, you get weirder experiences and stranger encounters by less active people who don't want to be contacted by the church than random people. It's all a part of Gathering Israel, and we have had a lot of success doing it!

Love you all!

Elder Dallin M Spurgeon  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland