Hello all. I moved!!! I am back up in northern Maryland. I will send you a picture of where I am located! I am in the Seneca ward in the Seneca Stake! I would send you the address, but we are actually moving apartments in a couple of days so I will let you know next week what my new address will be. I will miss you southern Maryland! Hope to see you again soon 😥. My new Companion is Elder Mortens(O)n, not to be confused with the Elder Mortens(E)n I trained a few months ago. We are actually the Zone Leaders in the Seneca Zone, which is super exciting! This is my first time being a zone leader. I will miss being a district leader, but a zone leader comes with new thrills! The ward is alright from what I have been able to tell from the one sacrament meeting I have been to. It is kind of cool, we have a set of office missionaries in our ward. They are in charge of the finances and Baptismal records.
Well anyway, Elder Mortenson was actually my zone leader a year ago, so fancy that we would be serving together!
It's fun to be in a new area. I tend to stay in an area for a long time, so it is not very often that I move around, so when I do move, it is very exciting. Of course, it is hard to say goodbye to the friend's that you made, but you know you will make new friends!
Oh yea, my Samsung tablet gave up the ghost the other day. I woke up one morning and the whole tablet was slightly bent with a crack on the screen. I have no idea how it happened, but the screen won't turn on, but the alarm will go off every morning, and I have no way to turn off the alarm, so we just have to wait it out. We called to mission office, and they will give me a free tablet until the end of my mission. Don't worry, the holy ghost told me a couple of days before it broke to save all of my photos on to google drive, so I still have all of my photos. Don't worry family, I will bring my old tablet home to see if it can be fixed, and not drop a dumbbell on it like other elders do when their tablets break.
Hey Mom! You know that Missionary Moms luncheon thing you did. I got the picture of you and all the moms, and I know all the missionaries whose moms went to that event. Super cool! All great missionaries!
This P-day, we were playing ping pong at the church. There is just a random ping pong table in the Church hallway, so we got some paddles and balls and ping-ponged it up! Its been a while since playing, so I'm not what I used to be, but I'm getting better.
We are teaching a man who got in a car crash a while ago. He lost both legs in the accident, an arm, and a hand, (of course on the arm he did not lose). They were able to put his arm back on and his hand, but not his legs. We have invited him to be baptized, but it is something we are still working with him on. We were thinking, if we are to baptize this man, how would we do it? He has no lower half. We will find a way and go and do!
We are working with a man named Ken who is going to be baptized on February 23rd. It is excellent to see how well the ward fellowships the people we bring to church. Please introduce yourself every time someone new comes to church, and say hi to them every week, and get to know them a bit. It makes every difference. Have them over for dinner even, and offer to have the discussions in your home, and invite them over for Family Home Evening. Even after they're baptized, continue to do those things. It is the most important work on earth!
I meet a very cool guy this week named Eli. Eli used to distribute dangerous and unhealthy substances to those who would abuse them. You follow? He was also a professional boxer, has a lion tattoo on the back of his head, lived in Colorado and had a pet wolf. He is one of the sweetest and kindest men I have ever met. He is a convert to the church and absolutely loves God. Years before his baptism, he got in a tussle with someone who tried to steal his substances, and because he was a great fighter, he won. He was pretty tired after the fight so he passed out. The same man came back and saw him laying on the ground, and put a bullet through his head, but the dude survived and is a member of the Lord's restored church, and is a new friend of mine.
I am enjoying my new area, and getting along swell with my new companion!
Love you all!
Elder Dallin Mckay Spurgeon





No comments:
Post a Comment