Thursday, August 16, 2018

Monday, August 13th 2018





So so Sorry! This will be a short one today. We had district activity today and we played sports all day in the gym. I will explain the 4 pictures I sent. So I went to the Anacostia area this week on exchanges. Anacostia is in south-east D.C, and it is a very interesting place. Look it up. I took a picture of the Anacostia apartment door which has 3 locks. I was with Elder Beck on the Exchange and the day I was with him was his Year mark, so I treated him to some ribs at a nearby place that is known all over south-east D.C as the best place to get ribs. 

I got some sweet Basketball socks in the mail from the Spurgeon family living in Pasco, Washington, (if they have not moved, because who knows what can happen in 10 months). The socks are very meaningful for me because my little Spurgeon cousins had a nickname for me, and it was "Basketball". How I got the nickname is a very long story, and I'm not fully sure how I came to receive such a name. But I love it! 

There are some members in the ward that live near the Bay, and they have a whole Armada of boats and I had to snap a picture. The biggest sailboat is super big and extremely nice. They sail from Florida to Bermuda in it. They have some crazy stories about sailing on rough seas. 

I saw a video today of my sister being all loopy because she got her wisdom teeth removed. My favorite quote from her is, "YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS". 

Well, this Email has ended up being longer then I thought. Oh well. I love everyone reading this Email. The Priesthood is restored!

Elder Dallin McKay Spurgeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland