Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday, April 30th 2018






Hello all! Let's start off with a story.

So we were in McDonald's enjoying some lunch, and we meet a man sitting across from us whose name is Walter and he is 90 years old. He tells us he comes to McDonald's all the time for the entertainment, not soon after he said that another old man walks in with a guitar and sits down and starts playing old classic songs such as You Are My Sunshine. He was very good, I could not help putting a dollar bill in his guitar case as Walter clapped to the songs and as the man playing the guitar gave me a toothless smile. 

There is a lady that we have been working with recently, and she is scheduled to be baptized on May 19th. She just moved right outside of our area. So sad, but we have some good news, Ian, one of our friends and fellow brethren that was baptized on April 14, was confirmed this Sunday, only two weeks after his baptism. For those who don't know, Ian was in an accident that left him with 6 broken ribs and a punctured lung, which is the reason for the hold-up, but he is recovering well and is doing great. Because Ian can't move too well, he was confirmed while just sitting on the pew. The ward has been doing so fantastic with fellowshipping him and helping him, especially during this rough time.

I would like to end with my Testimony. I know that the priesthood has been restored, and it is the power of God. I know that God can and will give us personal revelation. I know Jesus Christ is our Advocate with the Father. I know the Book Of Mormon is true scripture that contains the fullness of the Gospel, and that prayer is powerful. In the name of Jesus Christ AMEN

Elder Dallin Spurgeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland