Monday, January 29, 2018

Monday January 29th, 2018

Hello, this week were transfers and I am staying in Olney, but I got a new companion, Elder George. He is a super cool guy. He plays football for the United States Air Force Academy, so yes, he is significantly larger than me, even more so than my last companion.  I have been having Elder George help me with my workouts, so that is pretty cool. 
Speaking of military football teams, our Mission President called a 2nd councilor in the Mission Presidency, and it is Coach/President Niumatalolo. He is the Head Coach of the United States Naval Academy.  He is in the movie, Meet the Mormons. He will be a very busy man. 

Elder George is the District Leader, and so that gives me the title of "The District Monkey". At church, me and Elder George were asked to give a brief 5 minute talk about being a Child of God to the primary children, and half way through our lesson, a little girl raises her hand and turns to Elder George and says,

 "You look like you are in the Army". It was so funny. 

I am excited to work hard, and see miracles this next transfer. Applying these scriptures will help me to see miracles.

2nd Nephi 32 

9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.

Moroni 7

37 Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain.

I know applying these scriptures to anyone's life will bless them, and it will help them to see miracles in their life and will help them to grow their faith. 

It is great out here, and I am learning so much.
Love you all,

Elder Spurgeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, October 9th, 2019

National Harbor, Maryland